The technological advances, in the modern construction era, have been setting newer trends with lighter and greener building concepts picking up. The need for faster construction drive changes in the construction practices with-out compromising on construction quality. AAC (Autoclaved Aerated Concrete) / Concrete blocks are a part of this changing trend for a long time, but now it is considered seriously by the industry for the following reasons.
Workability: AAC allows accurate cutting minimizing solid waste generation while using them.
Improved Thermal Efficiency: AAC blocks have inherent thermal efficiency, it helps loosing heating and cooling load in buildings
Light Weight: Weight of AAC blocks is 20-40% lesser than that of concrete. By using them, fuel and cost of logistics can be marginally reduced. Less weight helps easier handling thus reducing labour cost.
Green Product: Being a green product, AAC saves natural resources by reducing sand mining and its effect on deforestation.
AAC blocks do not require water for curing due to their tendency to develop cracks. Ferrous Crete offers a comprehensive solutions for adhesives, grouts, sealers, plaster, water proofing and wall putty etc. One of the leading manufactures for stone adhesives/ modified tile adhesive in India, Ferrous Crete has a technical support of Samsung Fine Chemicals Company Ltd, Korea. Having a state of the art production unit in Faridabad (Haryana), Ferrous Crete boasts of number of dedicated team of professionals who look after the manufacturing process continuously.
Ferrous Crete is first amongst Indian Manufacturers of tile and stone installation material to get the honour of obtaining the prestigious ISI Certification and is proud to be having IS0 9001-2008 accredited company.
Ferro 1188 is one of the best products offered by Ferrous Crete, which can be used as a thin set adhesive for AAC block laying. It is a polymer modified adhesive which can be used for masonry building applications. It has high shear bond strength and can be used for application in green building
Here are some of the innate properties of Ferro 1188
– High water Retention capability with self-curing properties
– Thin section application like thin set adhesive.
– High bond strength.
– Useful for direct application on AAC Blocks.
– Ability to work under high temperature, humidity, and stressful condition.
– High compressive and tensile strength
– Flexible, Shock And Impact Resistant
– Easy To Use.
– Rapid Setting
Instructions for AAC Block Laying with Ferro-1188 (Thin Bed Adhesive) are as follows:
Surface Preparation (Substrate):
– The structure of the surface should be sound & leveled with least undulation to lay the blocks.
– If the surface has cracks, holes, and undulations then it needs to be cured before laying blocks.
– The surface should be cleaned thoroughly and all the dust, oil, grease, charcoal or any other solid particles should be removed which may hamper the bonding with the surface.
– The surface base should be completely cured and dried before application of adhesive.
– There must be 7 days’ time gap before laying the blocks on the surface prepared with cement mortar bedding or Plaster, for proper strength.
– Before application, dampen the surface.
– The blocks should also be cleaned thoroughly to ensure that there is no dirt, grease or any other visible particle.
Mixing of Ferrous 1188 Block Laying Adhesive:
– The Ferrous 1188 block adhesive should be mixed with water gently by hand or slow speed Stirrer / Mixer in a neat pot without any leftover for better homogenous mixture.
– To an adequate amount of water 1188 adhesive powder should be added gradually and the mixture is to be stirred to avoid any lumps. Smooth and homogeneous paste should be made ready by adding water if required.
– The water ratio would be approx. 250-300 ml / per Kg in the above mixture.
– Do not over stir and leave aside for 5 minutes to settle down the mixture before any usage.
– Mix the adhesive quantity for the immediate usage only.
– Use the trowel for application of 1188 Ferrous adhesive for better & economical use.
– Mark measurements for doors and windows.
– Apply the thin layer (3-5mm) of fine paste of 1188 Adhesive on the neat & clean identified surface with the help of Trowel (Flat side to be used to spread the paste like butter).
– Then additional paste can be scrapped by using the trowel from its notched edges.
– Place the blocks on adhesive spread to ensure joints and level are uniform as directed by the site engineer.
– Apply the mixture on the sides of the blocks to fill the joints properly.
– Use the plumb regularly for checking the alignment and level of the wall.
– Excess material need to be removed immediately and continue the above process for whole block wall.
– No water curing is required.
– The setting time is 24 hrs. in normal conditions but may delay in over casted rainy or in winter season.
– Full strength will take 14 days approx.
Surface Coverage and Tools Selection:
– The coverage is subjected to change with the size of the blocks, quality of the substrate, thickness of adhesive layering and other external factors.
– The coverage of Ferrous-1188 is approx. 100-120 sq ft. with 3mm thickness per 30 kg bag under normal condition.
– For larger size of blocks, the layer thickness should be slightly increased for better results.
– For larger size of blocks, the larger size of Trowel (10*10) tool is recommended for adhesive layering.
– The adhesive paste should be applied uniformly on the block surface to get proper results.
– Excess paste can be removed with damp cloth or sponge instantly before drying up.
Tiles Fixing on Blocks:
– If the tiles are required to fix on AAC block wall, then the tiles can also be laid with the help of Ferrous 1188-adhesive.
Prevention & Safety Measurements:
– This material should not be inhaled so extra care needed at the time of mixing and handling.
– In case of inhalation, contact with eyes or mouth, wash with fresh water thoroughly.
– The material should be kept in cool and dry place.
– Persons having allergy with cement should take extra care.
– The material should also be stacked at a height of 6 bags only.
– The shelf life of the dry material is 6 months.
Ferrous Crete India Pvt.Ltd headquartered in Faridabad was founded in the year 1998 by Vikram Manchanda, a Chemcial EngineerFor further details:
Ferrous Crete (India) Pvt. Ltd.
10B/2, Fruit Garden, NH 5, Faridabad, India
Tel : +91 129 4005514
Customer Care: 1800 121 0129