The current and future focus for construction industry and human society, in general, is on sustainable construction. This new age demand requires minimum harnessing of nature resources as well as recycling of materials for constructions. To meet this requirement, fundamental changes are required in concrete technology which we have been using so far. International Conference on CONCRETE INNOVATIONS FOR MEETING HOUSING AND INFRASTRUCTURE CHALLENGES wished to address this topics with an amalgamation of speakers from across the globe.
Innovative World of Concrete IWC which is held every 5 years was first organized in Bengaluru in 1993. After being held in many cities, IWC – 2018 was organized in Bengaluru again after a gap of 25 years. IWC-2018 was being organized in the era of rapid developments in housing infrastructure and smart cities with the challenges of speed, minimum carbon foot prints and maximum safety. It would be a golden opportunity for all to meet on a global platform to see the integration of research, theory and practice. IWC 2018 also included exhibition and live products demonstrations.
Themes of the Conference:
- Technologies for Housing Infrastructure (Affordable Housing, Mass Housing, Innovations in Housing)
- Challenges and Solutions for Developing Smart Cities (Buildings, Roads, Viaducts, Metro/Monorails, Water-Supply and Drainage Systems etc.)
- Technologies for Mega-Projects (Highways, Airports, Railways, Ports and Inland Waterways Sectors)
- Special Concrete for Irrigation Structures Including for Emergency Repairs
- Sustainability in Housing & Infrastructure Projects
- Reengineering of Infrastructure (Health Monitoring, Repair, Rehabilitation and Retrofitting etc.)
- Innovative Materials for Better Construction