The kind of materials are used to make a sustainable home last so long and make it so cost-efficient is a very pivotal question. Especially concepts such as roofing which constitutes elements such as tiles and paints. These two elements are vital in conserving energy and saving money in the long run. One such concept is that of cool roof coatings. A cool roof is one that has been designed to reflect more sunlight and absorb less heat than a standard roof. Cool roofs can be made of a highly reflective type of paint, a sheet covering, or highly reflective tiles or shingles. Nearly any type of building can benefit from a cool roof, but consider the climate and other factors before deciding to install one. Cool Roof has become a necessity nowadays owing to the need of sustainable environment.
Cool roofs can be made of a highly reflective type of paint, a sheet covering, or highly reflective tiles or shingles. Standard or dark roofs can reach temperatures of 65°C or more in the summer sun. A cool roof under the same conditions could stay more than 15°C cooler and save energy and money by using less air conditioning.
The demand is on the rise of cool roof paints and tiles
Indians are now spending heavily on painting and tiles in order to bring a new life to their homes, following which paint companies are launching highly advanced products.
The growth in the Indian paint market is driven by rapid urbanization, emergence of the middle class, increase in disposable incomes, growing infrastructure, increase in the tendency to spend extravagantly and growing young population inclined towards leading a lavish lifestyle. On the back of such advocacies, it is anticipated that the Indian paint market will post a CAGR of around 13% during 2013-14 to 2017-18, according to the new research report, “India Paint Industry Outlook 2018”. Cool roof coatings, as they’re known to building professionals, are applied to existing rooftops as a liquid “paint.” The light-colored, reflective materials in the coating make them less heat-absorbent. According to the Department of Energy, applying a cool roof coating has the potential to reduce surface temperatures by more than 30 percent.
India is the third largest tiles market in the world. While the global tiles production grew at an annualized rate of 6.3% for the period 2006-2013, tiles production in India grew almost double at 12.0% during the same period. Ceramic tiles that accounts for close to 60% of the total tiles demand in India is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.7% for the period 2014-2019. Cool Roof tiles are the perfect addition to any structure if you are looking to save on energy costs. Each tile has properties that strongly reflect sunlight instead of converting it into heat. In addition, instead of absorbing that heat and transferring it down from the roof deck into the structure, Cool Roof tiles release the heat faster for greater energy efficiency. This process is similar to wearing lighter colors in the warm summer months and darker colors in cooler seasons.
There is significant rise awareness about cool roof products in recent times. Also the Bureau of Energy Efficiency, under the Ministry of Power has issued guidelines for energy efficient roofs. The guidelines are being implemented in a phased manner and will cover every type of building in near future.
If you are looking for both then Thermatek in your one stop solution.
Thermatek : Thermal Barrier
As we strive for high-performing cool roofing system, we should ask ourself how mixed products fit together to assure functional harmony and maximize performance. Such synergetic benefits may well result from the combined application of THERMATEK® products. Thermatek is the World’s first Cool Roof Tile, introduced way back in 2003, when the concept and advantages of cool roofs was not known worldwide. ISHAAN INDUSTRIES provides you with access to a wide range of complementary products for thermal comfort, The products from the Thermatek is stable and it is only company dedicated to thermal barriers. The company’s product range includes cement bonded tiles, ceramic tiles, cool mortar and heat reflective paint. They offer 2 types of heat reflective paint–acrylic and water-based PU. They also offer coloured heat reflective paint.
THERMATEK PAINTS: SALIENT FEATURES
- High albedo paint for roofs and exterior walls in name of THERMATEK
- Can be supplied in white and selected shades each tested for thermal performance parameters of reflectivity, emissivity and SRI.
- We are the only manufacturers supplying the exterior paint with high SRI in colors.
- The SRI VALUE OF WHITE IS 114
- The SRI VALUE OF OUR COLOR SHADES RANGES FROM 80 TO 114.
- Supply comes in packing of 1/4/10/20 ltr pails
- The coverage varies from 4-6 sqm per ltr. It depends upon the surface condition.
- It can last from 5-7 years (Acrylic) and 7 to 10 Years (PU) on a smooth well prepared vertical surface.
- On horizontal surface the longevity will depend upon the usage of surface.
- The price varies from Rs.75 to Rs.95 per sqm for varied shades.
- It conforms to TERI/IGBC /BEE/ MOEF/ CPWD and all other guidelines specified by other international standards for energy efficient building envelopes.
- The parameters are tested by independent agency and results can be forwarded as required.
- The product is developed in association with INSTITUTE OF CHEMICAL TECHNOLOGY, MUMBAI and awaits award of patent.
- The product can be used as cool roof solution as well as premium exterior paint for walls with added benefit of arresting heat gain.
Some of the advantages of THERMATEK® are:
- The best means to counteract the deleterious effects of high heat levels
- The push to lower temperature inside home for thermal comfort
- Proven energy efficiency, environmental responsibility, heat resistance, and long-term performance
- Savings on cooling costs
- The way to extend the life of roofs, since a cooler roof would tend to undergo less expansion, and thus experience less wear and tear under the sun
- User-friendly installation. No special application method, can be applied like any other conventional materails
- Very cost effective over time because it outlasts conventional roofing and requires little maintenance.
Thermatek® as a brand is strong and the testimony of this reputation is seen in our past projects which include:
- Days Inn, Kanyakumari
- Employees Provident Fund Building, Royapettah, Chennai
- Minimac Centre, Arcot Road, Valasaravakkam
- Raga Foundations, Chennai
- Harmony Homes, Chennai
- KLG SYSTEL, Gurgaon
- Reliance Corporate House (ADAG),
- Worlds Window Group, Okhla, New Delhi
- Office-cum-residence of Energy Analyst Mr. Sahni, New Delhi
- Gupte Hospital, Pune
- Swasthiyog Prathishtan Institute, Miraj, Maharashtra
- SAB Technical Services, Jamnagar, Gujarat
S-2, Sri Ranga Kripa Apartments
Plot No. 8&9, 2nd Street,Udaya Nagar
Porur, Chennai 600 116.
Contact Person: Mr. A.C. Ravi Rangaswami
Mobile: 99620 27654