So what does the engine-less Train 18 offer to passengers? Here are 20 mind-blowing facts about Train 18:
- Train 18 has an aerodynamic driver cabin at each end. The entire set operates as a computer unit; the various equipment of Train 18 “talk to each other digitally” says ICF GM Sudhanshu Mani.
- It has a colour scheme of white and blue by ICF – a first for Indian Railways. It gives the look and feel of a world-class bullet train!
- Train 18 has centrally operated automatic doors with sliding footsteps to bridge gap between platform and train. The coach entry area also has automatic sliding doors with optical sensors.
- There are two Executive Chair cars with comfortable European-style seats in golden coloured fabric. The fabric is dust and fire resistant. The headrests are pink and purple.
- A unique feature of the executive chair car seats is that they can be rotated 180 degrees to face fellow passengers.
- Train 18 has aircraft-like diffused LED lighting which can brightened or dimmed depending on the time of the day. Each seat also has personalised reading lights.
- The aisle seats have handles next to the headrest to allow passengers to hold them for easy movement within the coaches.
- Train 18 has aircraft-like bio-vacuum toilets for efficient flushing. Touch-free sensor-based fittings have been used for optimal consumption of water.
Info and image- https://www.financialexpress.com/