Owing to innovation in the field of structural engineering new developments are taking place all around the globe. Exclusive and efficient models are being developed especially with concrete and steel technologies. One such technique that is getting an all around appreciation and acceptance is Post-Tensioning. Pertaining to this system structural designers are now able to achieve design optimization by imparting forces internally to the concrete structure to counteract and balance loads sustained by the structure. In short, the system multiplies efficiency. Herein comes Utracon.
In a short span of a decade, the firm has gained a strong footage in the post-tensioning design and project execution. The company was established in Singapore by a group of Professionals, backed by the key staff with extensive design and field experiences, provides specialists services to clients, particularly in the design and construction of Post-Tensioning Works.The company has already become one of the most sorted Post-Tensioning contractors with its cables laid in India Malaysia, U.A.E, Srilanka, Indonesia and Vietnam. Utracon’s India operations started in 2004, and in association with over 950 clients / developers, Utracon today boasts of completing over 250 million sq ft PT slab area. The company has a solid presence in all the 2 and 3 tier cities of India and completed 3000+ projects.
Being a Post-Tensioning specialist, Utracon has developed its own slab post-tensioning system to meet the requirement of each project. Discussed below are some of the inclusive advantages and applications.
Advantages in using Bonded PT Slab / PT Beam:
– Earlier Stripping of Shuttering i.e., below 10 days, thus achieving higher recycling of shuttering.
– Speedy Floor to Floor construction cycle time (10 days per slab) due to simplified formwork and reduced quantities of materials.
– Flexibility in providing service ducts and false ceilings.
– Larger column free space / larger span for commercial / shopping complexes.
– Reduction in Dead load due to the thinner slab which will make cost savings in foundation and columns design and more resistant to seismic forces.
– Less no of work force engaged for Post-Tensioning works than RCC slabs
– Reduction in reinforcement quantity and easy handling of Post-Tensioning Materials in congested site areas.
– Reduction in overall building height, thereby additional floors are possible in height restricted zones.
– Reduction of cost in the vertical structural element.
– Post-tensioning can thus allow a significant reduction in building weight versus a conventional concrete building with the same number of floors reducing the foundation load and can be a major advantage in seismic areas.
– Reduces the occurrence of cracks due to pre-compression.
– Freezing & thawing durability is higher than non-prestressed concrete.
– Post-tensioning is the system of choice for parking structures since it allows a high degree of flexibility in the column layout, span lengths and ramp configurations.
– Greater Flexibility for penetrations and openings in floors, both Pre and Post Construction.
– Higher cover of Active PT Reinforcement enhances the durability of the Structures.
Facts to Prefer Post Tensioned Slab / Beam:
– Economical & Superior Design
– Earlier Stripping of Shuttering
– Reduced Steel Quantity
– Improved Deflection Criteria
– Greater Headroom
– Neat & Simplified Layout
– For Long Span & Heavy Loading Structures.
– Long Term Serviceability.
Anticipated savings as compared to conventional RCC Design:
Choose your structural assistant partner wisely!
For further details:
Utracon Structural Systems Pvt. Ltd.
No. 45, 5th street, Padmanaba Nagar,
Adyar, Chennai – 600020.
Phone: 044 – 24468001/002/003
Mob: +91 9840775599